Photography Refresher
While in college, I took a digital photography class which consisted of editing your own photos, manually exposing them, and taking 100 pictures per week. I hadn't really taken any pictures nor edited them since I started my full time job about 3.5 years ago. Maternity leave is the perfect time for myself to refresh my memory and see if I can still pull off some good shots, and be able to retouch them. We bought a new digital camera before Macyn was born, a Canon SX200IS. So, I decided to try and take some pictures of her (and make them look good instead of just "snap shots") So I set up the scene: our Christmas tree, presents, and a poinsettia. I was planning on different outfits for her - a diaper with a bow on her head, a diaper with a Santa hat, her Christmas dress, and her Baby's First Christmas onesie. Needless to say, we only got to do the diaper and Christmas dress shots. However, I think I got some good ones! My Photoshop CS4 trial expired so I didn't get a chance to retouch any of these, except the on that says "Christmas 2009" I don't think they turned out too shabby for having myself manually expose every single one of them (the auto feature just wasn't doing the trick). I think the key is making sure you have enough light...but anyways, here are some pictures! Hopefully I can make time in the future to take her 3 month, 6 month, etc. pictures too....but here are some of the pictures. You can find the rest on my facebook!
1 comment:
I see mommy's reflection in an ornament!
"hi!"
Post a Comment