Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wild Rice and Cheese Soup

I have been in the soup mood lately and I am tired of Chili & White Chicken Chili (the only soup DH likes) so I was thinking that I should try some other soups, and if he doesn't like it, too bad! My strategy worked, and he didn't like this one either, but I thought it was super good. And easy! And quick! Here is the recipe:
1 pkg. bacon
1 large onion
3 cans cream of potato soup
1 pt. half & half
1 pt. milk
3 C. American cheese (shredded)
1 C. cooked wild rice

Brown bacon and chop; add finely chopped onion. Add potato soup, 1/2 & 1/2, milk, American cheese, and rice. Heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Eat with fresh baked bread or crackers.

I followed this recipe but with a little modifications in order to make it simpler. I bought 1 jar of real bacon bits instead of the bacon. I think next time I would put in 2 jars instead of 1. As I was typing the recipe, I realized that I forgot to add the milk to my soup! Ha! No wonder why it was so thick! But it still tastes good! I also think if I were to throw in a can of chicken it would make it good - kinda like a chicken, cheese, & bacon soup. Since DH doesn't care for the soup, I packed the extras away into lunch sized containers and bags to freeze for later. I am definitely adding this one to one of my favorite recipes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...