My Newest Love
.....besides Macyn, my DH, and Joe Mauer :):):):) is................... my new washer and dryer. I never would have thought that love and laundry could go in the same sentence, but i absolutely LOVE them!
We always had an okay washer and dryer, but when I won $500 at DH's Christmas party, I decided to put that money to good use. With his discount, the gift card, and bonus money I haven't spent, they actually didn't cost me a thing out of pocket. The one thing I was worried about was if they would be easy to use or not - and the answer is YESS!!! They ARE easy to use!
First, you turn the dial to the setting you want to wash. It automatically sets everything for you. If you wanted to manually change anything about the load you are about to wash, you just select from the options. Then you press start, and it weighs your clothes to determine how much water to use. No more guessing whether you have a small, medium, large, or super load. It also dispenses the soap you put in so you do not get detergent stains on your clothes. When it is finished it makes a nice ring tone-like sound. It also displays how much time is left on your load on the little screen.
The dryer is quite similar to the washer. You select what kind of dry you want, and select a couple options and press start. It's that simple! This also has a sensor in it to determine how wet your clothes are and runs as long as it needs to. It shows you how much time is left on the little screen and also plays a pleasant ring tone when it is finished.....and I almost forgot - it has a light in the dryer (kinda like a fridge):
Necessary? Not really. But cool? Definitely.
So, in summary, things I love about them:1) They are on pedestals so I no longer have to bend over to do laundry2) They are super energy efficient. The washing machine will cost us about 34 dollars per year to run3) I know exactly how much time is left on each load4) They are quiet when the run - no more turning the TV up to level 57!5) No more annoying buzzers to let you know when its done6) I don't have to run the dryer 3 times to get my clothes dry like my last one7) Laundry now gets done fasterAnd things I hate about them?1) They didn't include anything Joe Mauer-related. Booooooo
1 comment:
I can't wait until we get our own laundry machines. We've never had our own (always from the apartment and the ones here came with the house.) I'd love them to be more energy and water efficient and for the dryer to only need to run once!
Great investment!
Post a Comment