Saturday, June 9, 2012

Celebration Days

Our town had their celebration days going on, along with a bunch of fun activities! The weather was absolutely perfect, so we took full advantage of all the things that were going on. We started out the morning by hitting up the booths in the mall. Macyn wanted to take a ride on the kiddy train, and needless to say, that didn't turn out so well:
Since that was a flop, we went outside and tried out the inflatables. It was like pulling teeth to get Macyn to try them out (there was one that was smaller and more geared towards little kids). We bribed her to no avail. Finally we convinced her to go in the door of the "princess castle" and she finally went in. She kept saying, "I like it!" Once it was time to go she was pretty mad, but we told her we were going to the petting zoo and it made it a little better, but there were still some tears!
At the petting zoo Macyn found a new friend! They were giving away the kittens and DH told me I couldn't have one. Then I remembered cats shed and I just don't want to deal with that. They also had goats, bunnies, chickens, sheep, and cows. There was a zebra that did tricks too, but Macyn wasn't too thrilled.
Later on the the day they finished up with a parade. Macyn got lots of candy, 4 frisbees, pencils, bookmarks, a golf ball, a can of pop, and some free ice cream to Culvers. She had a lot of fun at the parade, and once it was all over she said, "Lets go to another parade!"
Needless to say, I think she had a great time. It was fun, and the best part - everything was free!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...