Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Emotional Roller Coaster

I am sure many of you have noticed I have been absent again. Let me tell you, with all the ups and downs the last couple of months, it has been hard to keep updated with what is going on. I have good intentions of sharing things that have happened in our lives, such as parades, fairs, playing outside, new milestones, monthly updates, new recipes, DIY stuff, etc. But some things in life are bigger than the small updates here and there. We lost Grandma after being diagnosed with cancer on June 23. We found out today that my Grandpa is no longer in remission with his leukemia. Grandma died Monday, and Grandpa's AML is back on Tuesday. This is scary for all of us. The only chemo that seemed to work for him is the strongest they make. He will have 4 more days of this chemo, with a 1 out of 5 chance of being in remission again.

I don't think all these events have quite "hit" me yet. I still think I am in denial. I keep on praying, but I dont know what to pray for - comfort, healing, peace, praises? It has always been praises for Grandpa being in remission, and comfort and healing for Grandma. I still have prayers of comfort for all of us mourning the loss of Grandma, but now with Grandpa - praying for healing, peace, comfort. I don't know what the outcome will be, but knowing the stats are scary. I feel like I could shut down at any given time....and have a little bit today.

Its been a really rough couple of days, and the thought of the possibility of losing another Grandparent, I just cannot comprehend. Praying for miracles, that is for sure. 

I do plan on keeping this blog up as much as I can, but I am emotionally drained. You might just end up with pictures only posts. I still have pictures on my camera from 2 months ago....

Anyways, prayers for comfort, healing, and everything turning out for the best. God is in control, and we just need to trust in his plans. Here are the lyrics of one of my favorite songs. It seems pretty fitting at this time.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes
And make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache

You think it's more than you can take
But you're stronger
Stronger than you know

Don't you give up now

The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains

Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...