Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby "bumps"

So it has finally happened....no, not my baby bump, but actually a baby bump. DH and I were getting groceries at Fareway this past weekend, and lo and behold. I bumped my belly. The grocery cart was apparantly too close, and totally smoked my belly into the cart...which pushed it back a few feet. I couldn't stop laughing and neither could my hubby..poor bun!

I also had another baby bump while on vacation...my sister accidentally ran into it. Pretty good times. Another bump in the road is trying to put on running shoes and tie them....its also difficult to shave your legs. Pretty much anything that requires bending over, including putting on my pants every morning, is getting more difficult day after day.

Another bump in the road....BABY NAMES! No, our bun in the oven doesn't have a name yet. We better start kicking it into gear, because our baby will be here in no time! DH and I have a combined baby name list started, and sorted them out in numerical order to our top names and bottom names. Good idea right? Well it would be if we could agree. My top names are his bottom names and vice versa. It is hard to find just the right name. We want something unique, but not so weird, but not so common.....which makes it even harder. Things to consider? The baby's initials, to make sure they don't spell something funny or bad. Also, the business card test. Can you picture the name on a business card, or be a lawyer in court and still be taken seriously? So after being stumped with our baby name list, we went to look at some cradle roles for some ideas, and we have come to a conclusion...

No matter what name we choose, it won't be as unique as some of the names we found. How about StormieSkie? Whatt? Barnabas? ......atleast that gives us a little hope, that no matter what we pick, we know it will be better than some of those!
...speaking of bumps...thought I would share my 30-week picture....I think I have "popped!"

1 comment:

Holli said...

Hey, some parents don't choose names until a few days AFTER the baby has come! So you're on top of things. ;) Just tell Josh that if he doesn't agree with you, you're naming the baby after the doctor who delivers that day. Even if the gender doesn't match. Then, go look up all the doctors' names (hopefully there'll be some awful ones) and show him what your baby COULD be named! Good old fashioned scare tactic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...