Macyn is officially 2 weeks old already! She has made some progress in the weight department. She was all the way down to 6 lbs 8 oz in the hospital, (birth weight - 7lbs 5 oz) but gained 2 oz in the hospital, was 6 lbs 14 oz at the appointment last week, and is oficially 7 lbs 6 oz today! She is back up to her birth weight which is great....it puts her into the 50th percentile for weight and her length (22") is in the 75th percentile... She is still jaundiced as we are continuing to monitor that and get it checked weekly. We had to feed her every 2 hours for a while to try and get her bilirubin levels better.She also smiles here and there - but I never have the camera out to catch one! She also likes to lift her head and roll onto her side. She makes little noises when shes content and its so cute! She is sleeping well during the night (knock on wood)...usually goes to bed around 10-11ish, up at 3:30, 6-7, and then sleeps until about 9. Not too bad. She usually only nurses for about 15 mins during the night. She also has her crabby days and cluster feedings. She thinks shes starving and likes to eat sometimes ever hour. She has peed through a few clothes, and pooped through some yesterday. I knew that time would come but I didnt know so soon!
As for me, I am doing better. The incision is still sore but the surgeon and Dr. says it "looks good" ..........not sure how a big cut with random staple holes around it looks good, but I will take their word for it. I have been off pain meds for 2 days now - I can't drive when I am on them...so that means when I'm on my own, I don't have a driver. So I am sucking up to the pain!
I have actually lost quite a bit of weight already. According to my scale at home I have lost about 28 lbs. I only gained 30 so you do the math! But my body is definitely not the same proportions it used to be! I am sure it will take some time to get back to normal. I blame the weight loss on forgetting to eat, and my stomach shrinking. I also had to be on a clear liquid diet for 3 days in hospital, and then a toast and cracker diet for the next day..I am also recovering from surgery so not sure if that is a factor either...I get very tired quickly doing simple tasks. I just can't wait to be pain-free again and feel 100%! But nonetheless, we love our little girl, and she is totally worth it!
1 comment:
She's so cute -- I can't wait to meet her! I hope you both continue to do well!
Post a Comment