Monday, March 1, 2010

Double DOOZIES

mmmmmmmmm......its been probably a year since I last made these. I got the idea from The Great American Cookie Co. and came up with my own version. Whats better than two moist M&M cookies with frosting in between? Not many things I can think of. These are super easy to make too. I have been looking for a copycat recipe but could never find one on the internet. This one is the closest I have came to matching. So here is the recipe - enjoy! I actually think I will go have one right now!

Double Doozies

Cookies
1 c. Crisco
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 package mini M&Ms

Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour, salt, and baking soda - mix. Stir in M&Ms. Drop by Tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Frosting
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 T. butter
1/2 c. shortening
2 T. milk
2 T. hot water
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. almond extract

While cookies are baking, make frosting. Mix together all ingredients. Apply layer of icing between two cooled cookies to form a sandwich.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...