Sunday, June 20, 2010

8 Months Old!

I am officially a week behind, but a week ago, Macyn turned 8 months. She is defnitely starting to look more like a little person and a little less baby. Not sure how big she is in the weight/height department, but she still seems to be tall for her age. She loves baby food and has started eating some puffed snacks and some finger foods. She can't quite get the whole "pincher" thing down and the food gets stuck in her fist. She is learning quickly though!
She can't crawl yet, but she is starting to get mobile in other ways. She likes to sit up and scoot on her butt. She also likes to lean forward and end up on her tummy where she then gets up on her arms and knees. She can do a complete 180 with ease and rolls both ways frequently. It is only a matter of time before she takes off - which is okay with me because that means I would have to baby proof the house much sooner than I anticipated!

She still has a personality of her own and voices her opinion if she doesn't like something! Whether its taking away a toy, not giving her food fast enough, and even taking naps. She is definitely not a napper - she AVERAGES about 1 hr 15 mins per day, but she sleeps 10 hours at night. But it sure doesn't help when Mommy & Daddy are trying to get housework done! I have also noticed she gets a little bit of separation anxiety.

We go to the Dr. tomorrow to check her ears and make sure she doesn't need tubes, so I will have more weight stats then!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...