Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vacation Day 3

We kicked off Vacation day 3 by going mini golfing with DH, my cousin, sister, and both my sister's boyfriends. It was a pretty fun course that even included water hazards. My sister forgot to read the rules and when she tried to hit it out of the water, she got me pretty wet! Oh well, that's what makes vacations memorable :) I came in 3rd place I think, behind DH and my cousin. Well ahead of my sister's boyfriend's score of 13 behind me :)After shooting a round, we came back and got ready to head to Wanderlust Rafting. We were supposed to go on Class IV & V rapids, but the river was extremely high (highest levels in 8 years) and had emergency crews on the river rescuing rafters that had gone into the water. Experienced guides have also been tipping over boats so they thought it would be a good idea to bump us all down a class. They already had 3 people die on the river (not whitewater rafting - tubing with no life jackets or helmets). We were pretty bummed, but in the end the rapids were extremely exciting and fun! They highly suggested we all get wetsuits, but we decided to be tough about it and head down the 36 degree water without one.In our boat was me, my sister's BF, DH, my sister, and her boyfriend. At one point our guide had dared us to jump in the water - so we all did of course. Let me tell you, that is some fast moving water and extremely hard to get back into the raft! We told our guide we were adrenaline junkies so he steered us into the biggest rapids he could find. Here is a video - its pretty funny when sister's boyfriend gets smoked by the rapids!
All in all it was an awesome day to go rafting. Good thing I don't live in CO or else I would go all the time and be broke! Once we got back it was time for Josh and my date night. We dressed up and went out (it was our 3 year anniversary outing). We went to Austins in old downtown Fort Collins and had some amazing food!I didn't get a picture of our appetizer, but I got a Strawberry martini, Josh had some kind of steak, I had walleye with honey dijon glaze with macadamia nuts, and a cream puff ice cream dessert with hot fudge. YUM! The walleye was probably one of the best I have ever had. Take that, Minervas! The atmosphere was perfect, and the staff was super - dressed in long sleeved white shirts and aprons. And not to mention our waiter was nice to look at ;)After a night on the town, we headed back to where we were staying and relaxed in the hot tub with a few drinks. Boy did that feel good after a day of rafting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...