Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas to Us

Josh and I decided instead of buying tons of gifts for each other, we would instead spend a day in Sioux Falls together and go to a Lorie Line concert. We took off about 10:00 AM and stopped to see our new nephew, Caden. He's still as precious as the first day we met him!Next, we went to the Cinedome at the Washington Pavillion. We ended up watching the movie, Alaska, and I ended up keeping my eyes shut most the time. If you don't know what a cine dome is, its pretty much this giant 1/2 sphere where they project a movie. I do not suggest going if you get motion sickness.....at all. I felt awful and sick the entire time, especially when they put you eye-level in the Iditarod. So I just kept my eyes closed :) Here is the best picture I could find of the cinedome:Next up, we ate at the Olive Garden where I accepted the waitress's offer of the sample wine. Boy was I happy I did! It is officially my favorite wine (besides Prairie Berry Black Currant). Its called Moscato. The liquor store did have this wine, but its just not the same. I am really hoping I get a bottle for Christmas :)We also splurged and got a dessert to take home. Man, was this DELICIOUS!?
It was called "Triple Chocolate Strata" Classic Italian chocolate torta layered with creamy mousse and topped with dark chocolate ganache.
After that it was off to the Lorie Line concert. We had a great time and was a great way to end the evening. I would highly suggest her concerts to everyone. It seems all age groups go to them and its definitely worth the price. You won't be disappointed! I love seeing her outfits and especially her shoes. The other musicians who perform with her are extremely good as well. Its just a great concert and we are considering making this a Here are some of the photos I took.All in all, it was a great day and really nice to have a date with Josh. I honestly don't remember the last time we did something together without Macyn. Don't get me wrong, we love her to pieces, but its nice to have a Mommy & Daddy night out!

1 comment:

Holli said...

I got motion sick at the Cinedome too! Ours was about dinosaurs, but all I could do was listen.

If you're ever near the Pavilion again, there's a great place downtown called Sinful Things. Awesome desserts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...