Monday, August 15, 2011

22 Months

Our big girl is 22 months already! Hard to believe she is getting that old. She refused to sit in her rocking chair for her month picture, but she sure wanted to sit in her baby stroller instead! She looks a little crazed, but this was the one and only picture I got of her. The rest of the time was her running around the house and pushing her stroller down the hallway.

She really likes playing babies, and I think at daycare she gets to be the baby with the older kids. I say this because, she will often sit on my lap, hand me her sippy, and say, "baby." That means she wants you to hold her like a baby and feed her sippy like a bottle. She does this very often and always at the dinner table. "baby," means she wants you to feed her because she doesn't want to do it herself.  I think this stems from her switching daycare rooms. She is now the youngest by 4 months in her room. All the older kids call her their "baby." She also now goes to an in home for 2 days a week as well. One of the kids she plays with there is a 5 year old girly girly. I think those two have a good time together!

Its hard to believe that my daughter would be a girly girl (if you look at her mom)! She enjoys using lotion and putting in on her legs. She also likes to have her toenails neatly painted and her hair in a pony tail or curling it. Friday she was adamant to wear her dress to daycare. She is definitely all girl!

Her bedtime has unfortunately gotten pushed back by an hour or so. After a week of getting up before 5:00 am something had to be done. Its okay, though, I enjoy the extra time with her. It just makes doing other tasks a little more difficult! I now bring her to and from daycare since DH goes to work by 7:00 am every morning. This always causes problems dropping her off because she doesn't want me to leave, but seeing her run to me when I walk in the door saying, "mommy, mommy!" melts my heart!

Her vocabulary is improving daily. I think its because we have been more strict with when she gets her paci. She jabbers all the time and will randomly say things. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she says "BIRTHDAY!" loud and clear. Yesterday she was rocking and she goes, "rocky, rocky, bye bye!" Or she will run out into the living room and go "HI DADDY!" The best thing we taught her so far? "Go Bike ings!" (Go Vikings)

Its amazing how much stuff she picks up on. She also is going through the "No, ME!" stage. She does this with everything and usually ends up in a meltdown. She is definitely Miss Independent. I love her big personality, even though it can be extremely challenging. This sometimes leads to time outs. The other night we told her to go to her room. She gets up off the couch, goes to her room, and fusses. A little bit later I saw her sneak out and peek around the corner to see if we are watching her. It was so cute and funny at the same time. Its hard to stay mad at her because they are so innocent!

That's pretty much it for now without me rambling on too much. Shes such a sweet, little girl with a big personality. We love her so much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...