Since I have been absent on here for the entire month of August, I thought I would update you as to what I have been up to....through my Facebook status updates. Here we go:
August 3 at 9:52pm Rock'n my new do
I got a new haircut - asymmetrical. New hair color - Mocha brown with red highlights. New hair feather - yellow and black. Go Hawkeyes!
August 4 at 6:38am I think child needs to quit waking up at 4:45 and 5:30, respectively.
Peanut went through a week phase of getting up around 2:00 am and getting up at 4:30-5:30 for the day. This made for a crazy, crabby, stressed out Mama! Thank goodness she is back to sleeping through the night....knock on wood.
August 4 at 8:59pm Ready to pack for a fun-filled wedding weekend!
My best friend from high school got married and I spend all Friday afternoon hanging out. Then Friday night we had rehearsal and went bar hopping. Saturday was the wedding with some more partying. Sunday was brunch a day of recovery. Thankfully, Macyn stayed with her grandparents both nights so we could enjoy the weekend a little more. It was a perfect day for a perfect wedding. I had such a blast!
August 7 at 3:11pm I would like to sum up my awesome weekend, but a lot of it would be pretty inappropriate, so I will just say I had a blast and it was AMAZING! Congrats, Amber & Todd!
Let's put it this way - what happens on the party bus, stays on the party bus. Just kidding. I just came to realization, I'm too old for these crazy weekends. Haha
August 11 at 7:43pm I asked Macyn to say Obama. With much enthusiasm, she says, "OH BA BA!"
This was in reference to Macyn picking up the telephone and us telling her to tell the presidential calls to stop! We asked her to say Obama. However, she now says, "No Ba Ba" for Obama.
Friday at 5:25pm Craving Pizza Ranch, but I will probably have to pass - too dang expensive!
I did end up passing on the ranch...until Saturday when we went out for my MIL's birthday. I am proud to say that this was the first time we had gone out to eat in the month of August. We are extremely short on money this month since DH started a new job and only gets paid monthly. No paychecks from him until September. Lovely. Welcome to single-income-ville.
Friday at 8:46pm Didn't expect to catch a 15" around snapping turtle tonight. I much would have preferred a 4" sunfish.
We decided to go fishing since the Solunar calendar said it was an excellent time to fish. We had a lot of bites and were just about ready to go. I didn't have much worm left on my hook - literally, a skin of a worm. I cast out and all of a sudden my bobber sinks to the bottom of the pit. I reel in and I see this GINORMOUS mouth and I was thinking I caught a big carp or something. As soon as I saw it was a turtle I yelled at DH to help. However, he didn't realize how big this thing was and nonchalantly walked over and said "HOLY COWS!" I ran away, but then I realized turtles don't run so I had nothing to worry about. DH got the turtle on shore and then my line broke. That thing was HUGE! We didn't have a net so we didn't have time to get a picture. All I can say was, that was a big snapper with big teeth. I stay away from those things!
Friday at 9:16pm Is it too early to start making a Christmas list? Hm...
#1 item on my list this year - a coffee/espresso machine. The kind that you just put the individual pod into and it brews it for you. I want to be a french vanilla coffee snob and this will be the first step.
So that's what I've been up to lately. Super busy. Hopefully I start kick my blog writing into gear soon!


1 comment:
You mean a Keurig coffee machine? Adam and Cari have one and so do Miles's parents. It also does hot chocolate and tea quite nicely! Too expensive for us!
Post a Comment