Monday, November 14, 2011

2 Years, 1 Month

Well, we have survived the first month of being 2! Macyn's vocabulary continues to improve daily and you can even have some short conversations with her. Sometimes she gets really excited and jabbers on, and you can't tell what she is saying. She can fully undress herself (shirt, jeans, socks, shoes, even diapers) for whenever she wants to "Go in the tub" with "bubbles, water!" We have had a few floods when she took her sand bucket, filled it up with water, and dumped it on the OUTSIDE of the tub. (We let her play in the tub by herself now, with little supervision). But we will always go check on her when she goes, "ummmheeere!" (come here!).

Mealtime can be tricky as she will either eat like a horse, or eat like a bird. There is no telling what she will do. To her, the food will either be "hot" (even when its cooled off) or "yucky" or "all done!" (without taking a bite). 

A funny story happened the other day - every morning when she wakes up, she says, "Daddy go?" and I tell her, "work," and she says, "why?" and I tell her, "to make money." She then says, "oh." And carries on to what she is doing. Then the next morning she asks again "Where Daddy go?" and I told her again, "work." She then looks up at me and says, "oh, money?" Kid is too smart, I tell ya!

We had an interesting morning the other day. Here is what life with a 2 year old is all about. (this is only a 1/2 hour time frame from when she wakes up at 7:00 until we leave at 7:30) Anyways, Macyn wakes up and cried for "Daddy". I told her he was at work and then shes like, “NO DADDY!” and cried some more. Then she calmed down and I asked if she wanted to watch Minnie Mouse and she said, “no, Dora!” So I turn it to Dora (that lasted about 2 minutes.) Then she decided to be worried about the do and said, “Buddy out!” and I told her he was sleeping. Then she goes, “noooo Buddy out!” and she opened the door to the basement and sat there yelling, “Buddy out!” So while she was laying on the floor yelling for him, I decided I would go pack my lunch and I opened the freezer to get myself a burrito. Then she wanted a push up. I told her “no” and she threw a fit in front of the freezer. I went to go do something else and I came back and she had the freezer open!!! So I closed it and told her, “no!” then she threw a fit....again. While she was throwing her fit, I went to the bathroom and all of a sudden she walks in with a push up! She opened the freezer door and climbed and got one!! What a stinker! Then her hands were “sticky” but I refused to wash them. Then I told her to put on her coat and she said, “NOOO PINK ONE!” so we had to put her pink one on. Then she laid on the floor and cried, “No Holly’s house!” (the in home) and I told her we were going to daycare and she goes, “no daycare!” and I asked her where she wanted to go, and she said “Walmart.”

What a kid, what a kid..... she definitely keeps us on our toes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...