Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thoughts

After listening to the Cure Kid's Cancer phone-a-thon for three days, I was thinking how blessed I am.

I know what it feels like to have a cancer scare, especially with your child. They kept saying on the radio that they had 41 kids diagnosed with cancer in the past year, and all I could think about was how fortunate we were that Macyn didn't have cancer. Instead, she had a different infection that is even more rare than cancer. 5 people last year had the same thing as Macyn. 8x more kids have cancer at the hospital, than what Macyn had.

Its so, so, so, very scary to hear doctors talk about your child having, "the bad stuff" and requiring a biopsy so "they could decide if we would need to start treatments immediately."

So I cannot help to think, wow, that could have been my child....but it wasn't. God has given my child something more rare....and curable. So blessed.

Having said that, I found a new growth on Macyn's neck today. Its about the size of a pea, and about .5" away from where her other one was. The thing is, if they didn't get all the infected tissue, it could grow back, which we were in the clear for. The other thing I am concerned about is what if she has gotten it again? The pediatric doctor said its rare to get it one time, and extremely rare to get it two times.

Needless to say, I am pretty worried again. Her pediatric doctor is getting a call first thing in the morning on Monday. I have cried a couple times today worrying about the new lump with eerily similar characteristics. Trying to breathe these next couple of days until we get more answers. 

I can't help but wonder if the ATB could be throughout her body. I know I shouldn't think like that, but I am truly scared again. Scared just like the day she had a biopsy. This is like deja vu again. Prayers that we find more answers and that this will turn out to be nothing would be appreciated. I will try and keep updated posts as soon as we find out more information.

As for right now...I'm praying, and hoping for the best...and trying to get through these couple of days

1 comment:

cobo said...

Oh no! Praying for you guys and hoping it turns out to be nothing! Try not to worry...I know that's hard. Someone once told me, "Avoid dwelling on the worst case scenario. Because if it turns out better, why waste all that time worrying, and if it turns out to come true, why live through it twice?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...