![]() |
| Our photo they took of us as we walked in the gate |
Today we drove up to Des Moines and hit up Adventureland with DH's old
college roommate. We went on some rides together – the log ride, raging
river, and the other rafting one. Macyn liked them all but her favorite
was the bumper cars! She couldn't get enough of them! She also loved the teacups. Macyn wasn't a fan
of the kiddie rides, as she screamed as soon as they started. She
didn't even like the carousel.
![]() |
| All the rides we went on |
DH and his friend did go on some roller
coasters while Macyn and I explored the park on our own. We ended up
going to the circus, which included an illusionist, acrobats, and
daredevils.
The only downfall was how hot is was. I think the heat index
was around 105ยบ. After the park we ate some Papa Johns (we ate at
places we wouldn't normally eat), and headed back to the hotel.
Our hotel had a waterpark, which Macyn refused to go down the little kid
watersides, or down the big ones with us. Not sure what her deal was,
but we all had fun swimming! It was a good way to cool off after a hot
day at the amusement park. Oh, and did I mention it was my birthday
today? The big old 2-7. Late 20's, here I come!
(Note: I never took any pictures of the waterpark at the hotel - be sure to check out their website to see all the fun stuff!)




No comments:
Post a Comment