Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Updates

I know I have been absent for a while, but we have been pretty busy. I have mostly been busy working on a freelance project that has to get done, and some other events have kept us occupied.

• My grandpa is officially in remission! His bone marrow scan came back clear. However, he had to be brought to the hospital this past Friday for low blood pressure and sepsis (blood infection from his port). He is on antibiotics and will have cultures back in the next couple of days. He might have to be in the hospital for a week or so.

• DH's Grandma was confused a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning. Long story short, they found out that she has a cancerous brain tumor that was causing confusion and eyesight problems. She had brain surgery this past Friday, which went well. Pathology should come back this week to decide what kinds of treatment they need to do. The bad part is, they gave her between 9-14 months. We are really sad about this, but are trying to enjoy our time with her, making it as cheerful as possible. Prayers would be appreciated.

• Cancer SUCKS!

• I had to get two cavities filled on Friday. My first cavities in 20 years. My first cavities in my mouth at this time. I had quite a streak going, and was sad to hear it it was coming to an end. Not having dental insurance was not so fun.

• We have decided to get rid of our dog. We have always played around with the idea since we never have much time for him and he sits in his kennel about 18 hours a day. The opportunity came up to find him a good home, and we took it. I am kinda sad, because he was a good, smart, kind, intelligent dog. But, we know he has a better life now - one where he gets played with and gets exercise. It has been two weeks now without him. Its definitely more quiet and takes some time to get used to.

• We have been swimming and fishing a lot, too.

• We are redoing our kitchen. We are painting the cabinets white, and have counter top and backsplash picked out. The only thing we need is a paint color. Seriously can't decide on anything. I may be putting up a poll soon to see what you guys think for a color. The upper cabinets are painted, and we will be doing the rest in pieces.

• We refinanced our house. We had enough equity that we only had to pay a little bit for mortgage insurance, so we are currently saving $200/month on our mortgage. Nice!

Hopefully I can get back to blogging again. We have just been busy all the time it seems!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...