Sunday, September 13, 2009

Garage Sales Days 2,3,4

On Garage sale day 2, I found a few more crib sheets for 50 cents a piece, some hats, clothes, sleepers, onesies, and a few sleep sacks. They were all pretty cheap. I even found a brand new 2 pack of fleece sleepers! I bought a couple of books that I should really start to read up on. I had a list of about 15 garage sales I wanted to go to that day, but I was 1) extremely hot and 2) exhausted........ so I went to about 8.

On garage sale day 3, it was kinda rainy, and I guess that means some places should be closed! URG! I did find one sale that had good priced items - every item was $1!! I found some jeans, sleepers, sweaters, etc. Pretty good find on that one. DH went with me for a while, but we never found anymore. After going to all these sales, a person really gets tired of digging through everything.

Day 4 was a total flop. First off, I had about 8 I wanted to go
to, and half of them weren't even open. And the ones that were open, the prices were too high. I refuse to pay more than $2 for a sleeper and some were going for between $3-$4.. so I came back home and did laundry and worked on the nursery a little bit. I decided that the nursery would look best with another painting, so I painted the purple hippo. I also painted letters to put on the shelf above the changing table, and DH and I got them all hung. It feels good to have things almost in place. I need to still pick up a few more baby things, and wash all the items I found at the garage sales.
Last weekend DH and myself put up some wood blinds and the curtains we received at the baby shower a few weeks ago. It really finished off the nursery.
And since we are talking about our LO, in honor of the Vikings winning their first game today, here is my bump in DH's Vikings jersey! Only 6 more weeks! We can do it!!!

1 comment:

Holli said...

...Are the letters you painted the letters for the baby's name?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...