I usually have a few New Year's resolutions each year, but usually always fail. They mostly consisted of losing weight, exercising, and eating right. This mostly lasts for a month or two but never really throughout the whole year. This past December, I saw on Facebook, a post from Life 96.5 stating "Read the Bible in a Year." To be honest, I have tried reading The Bible, but even that seemed to get thrown by the wayside after a while. I decided to look into this more, and found out its a daily email with your scriptures already planned out. It is from the website www.bibleinayear.org and its pretty neat how you can customize it to your liking. You can choose what day to start (I chose January 1), what version of The Bible you want to read (I chose NIV) and what order you want to begin reading. The options were reading it straight through, alternating new and old testament, or read in chronological order. I chose the chronological order, which I really like because then I know when events happened. The daily emails have about 3 chapters of The Bible in each, and takes maybe 10 minutes to read. This is an easy way to continue a goal I have of reading The Bible. I mean, who doesn't check their e-mail daily?! I will be honest, I am a couple of days behind just for the mere fact I like to concentrate on what I am reading and completely understand it. Every time I check my email its a constant reminder of what to do - read The Bible. I don't think asking to take 10-15 minutes of your day is too much to ask. And some days when I don't feel I can concentrate 100%, I read it the next day. This is one resolution I know I can achieve, and am looking forward to reading the whole Bible.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
New Years Resolutions
I usually have a few New Year's resolutions each year, but usually always fail. They mostly consisted of losing weight, exercising, and eating right. This mostly lasts for a month or two but never really throughout the whole year. This past December, I saw on Facebook, a post from Life 96.5 stating "Read the Bible in a Year." To be honest, I have tried reading The Bible, but even that seemed to get thrown by the wayside after a while. I decided to look into this more, and found out its a daily email with your scriptures already planned out. It is from the website www.bibleinayear.org and its pretty neat how you can customize it to your liking. You can choose what day to start (I chose January 1), what version of The Bible you want to read (I chose NIV) and what order you want to begin reading. The options were reading it straight through, alternating new and old testament, or read in chronological order. I chose the chronological order, which I really like because then I know when events happened. The daily emails have about 3 chapters of The Bible in each, and takes maybe 10 minutes to read. This is an easy way to continue a goal I have of reading The Bible. I mean, who doesn't check their e-mail daily?! I will be honest, I am a couple of days behind just for the mere fact I like to concentrate on what I am reading and completely understand it. Every time I check my email its a constant reminder of what to do - read The Bible. I don't think asking to take 10-15 minutes of your day is too much to ask. And some days when I don't feel I can concentrate 100%, I read it the next day. This is one resolution I know I can achieve, and am looking forward to reading the whole Bible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I did this in HS. My Bible had a schedule in the back that I photocopied and crossed off as I went. It took me about 13 months or so if I remember correctly. Good for you, Brit!
Post a Comment