The Mother's Day festivities continued on Saturday when a photo studio in town was offering a free mini session with free sitting fees and a free 8x10 when you come in and take a picture with your kids. Heck yea! I took advantage and got some good pics. My 8x10 should be ready by tomorrow. Once again, Macyn was too interested in the lights to smile, but she did manage to smile AT the light. I think that is what makes them so good! Go ahead and click on the collage to see a larger version.We spend Saturday night at my parents house celebrating Mother's Day. It included both my parents, both sisters, and their boyfriends. It was a great get together with some good food! Dad grilled 10 lbs (YES, 10 LBS!) of Ribs, I made cheesy potatoes and brought a Snickers cake. We also had potato salad, chips, beans, coleslaw, and banana split ice cream cake.
We had a good time chatting, going to the park, and playing with sister's boyfriend's new chocolate lab, Tug.
Sunday morning my mom and sister's went to a Susan G. Komen walk (my g'ma died of breast cancer) and I thought that was a great way to spend Mother's Day. I stayed back because we already had some plans. I wish I could have gone though. We had a get together with DH's side of the family in the park. We grilled burgers, chatted, played on the swings, slides, and merry-go-round. I wish it was a little warmer, but I can't complain. Macyn and DH both had gotten me cards and I had to hold back the tears reading Macyns:
There's no one like my mommy
for bringing happy smiles...
For stopping what she's doing
to rock me for a while.
There's no one like my mommy
for singing lullabies...
For hurrying to hold me
when she hears my little cries.
There's no one like my mommy
for taking me on walks...
And for being a good listener
in our "mommy baby talks"!
There's no one like my mommy
to hug and snuggle me!
And though I'm small,
my love for her is as big as it can be!
Happy Mother's Day, Mommy,
With Lots of Love
And Baby Kisses!
I Love you Mommy,
-Macyn
for bringing happy smiles...
For stopping what she's doing
to rock me for a while.
There's no one like my mommy
for singing lullabies...
For hurrying to hold me
when she hears my little cries.
There's no one like my mommy
for taking me on walks...
And for being a good listener
in our "mommy baby talks"!
There's no one like my mommy
to hug and snuggle me!
And though I'm small,
my love for her is as big as it can be!
Happy Mother's Day, Mommy,
With Lots of Love
And Baby Kisses!
I Love you Mommy,
-Macyn
I never used to think Mother's Day was a big deal, but my feelings have changed since I've become a mom. Just knowing how much they need you, how you comfort them, and even tonight rocking her to sleep - her knowing how she feels safe. The love for a child is unconditional. As I rocked her to sleep I told her how much I loved her, prayed for her, which resulted in Mommy shedding tears. I never knew how much love a person can have for a child. Now, Mother's Day means so much more than what I used to think. I cannot ever imagine not being a mom. I wouldn't change it for the whole world.
No comments:
Post a Comment