Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gone Crafty!

I hit up a rummage this weekend with lots of stuff, and girl clothes galore! and cheap! I picked up a few things, including this picture frame for $2. (they have this same one at WalMart for $12)!Since I have kinda gone photo crazy in the past few days, and the fact that we have pictures in our dining room, book case, book shelf, and living room; I was trying to figure out what to put in this frame. I decided to get all crafty and such, and picked up a 16x20 print from Walmart for $2.97. Now the print itself isn't exactly super nice, but since I knew I was going to cut it up, I didn't want to spend too much just in case my vision didn't turn out as well as I though it would.So I pretty much traced 4x6" rectangles in the shape of the picture frame I bought. I then cut them out, put them into the frame, and made some pretty cool abstract art. It isn't perfect by any means, but I was pretty proud of myself for making something for under $5. Here is how it turned out:I might just keep my eyes open for cool picture frames, and artwork to use. The best part is, I can change the picture(s) if I want to change colors, etc. I also thought it would be cool to do some Alphabet Photography and put in different frames - but that's another day, and I would need to brush up on my photography skills a little more. AND find time!

1 comment:

cobo said...

Love it! Such a good idea! I also just spent WAY too much time designing my last name out of alphabet letters. Maybe I can take some photos over the next year to make my own?? Thanks for sharing the link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...