Friday, November 12, 2010

Code Words

So last night DH asked me about our Christmas cards & photos and whether I have ordered them.

DH: So did you get the pictures ordered?
Me: Yes, I did. And I forgot my list of pictures to order, so I guessed. I called back to double check I ordered the right ones.
DH: Oh, well I'm glad you got that done.

Me: Yeah, and don't forget to pick them up tomorrow - she said they would be ready at 2:00
DH: Well that's good!

So tonight when DH gets home from work, this is how it goes down:


Me: Did you get the pictures today?

DH: (with a confused look on his face) um....no, you never told me to

Me: Yes I did

DH: Well if you did then I never heard you

Me: You heard me because I told you they would be ready at 2:00 and you told me "Well that's good!"


And all I see is a huge smile on his face and he goes:

DH: ooooh. oops.

Me: You totally ignored me and just said that when you didn't know what I was talking about!

DH: (pause) ...no!

So the code word here would be: "Well that's good." Translation: I'm not listening and this a generic enough response to whatever you just said.


Good to know for future reference.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...