Tonite while DH was working, Macyn and I had a great mommy - daughter night together. We played dollies, read books, danced, etc. Then I decided to take some pictures and she wanted to see the camera. So she sat on my lap and looked through the pictures with me. She likes to look, point, and talk to the pictures, so I brought up this one:
I proceeded to as her, "Where's Daddy?" (since he was working) and without hesitation she points to her daddy. I then asked her, "Where's Mommy?" and she looks at the picture, looks back at me with a huge smile on her face and points to me. She then snuggles her head in and sits up and smiles. She sure does know how to melt my heart!
It makes me realize how I am going to miss these days of such sweet innocence and unconditional love towards her mommy. How even though she doesn't talk, she knows who her "Mommy" is, and not just another face in a photo. I can feel her love when she smiles and snuggles in, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I think the amazing T.Swift says it perfectly....."don't you ever grow up, Just stay this little." You can listen here. I love the first verse:
Your little hands wrapped around my finger/And it's so quiet in the world tonight/Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming/So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light/To you, everything's funny/You got nothing to regret/I'd give all I have, honey/If you could stay like that/Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up/Just stay this little/Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up/It could stay this simple/I won't let nobody hurt you/Won't let no one break your heart/No, no one will desert you/Just try to never grow up, never grow up.
I just might have to learn this one to sing to her at bedtime....
I love you Macyn Faith....don't ever grow up, okay?
It makes me realize how I am going to miss these days of such sweet innocence and unconditional love towards her mommy. How even though she doesn't talk, she knows who her "Mommy" is, and not just another face in a photo. I can feel her love when she smiles and snuggles in, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I think the amazing T.Swift says it perfectly....."don't you ever grow up, Just stay this little." You can listen here. I love the first verse:
Your little hands wrapped around my finger/And it's so quiet in the world tonight/Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming/So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light/To you, everything's funny/You got nothing to regret/I'd give all I have, honey/If you could stay like that/Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up/Just stay this little/Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up/It could stay this simple/I won't let nobody hurt you/Won't let no one break your heart/No, no one will desert you/Just try to never grow up, never grow up.
I love you Macyn Faith....don't ever grow up, okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment