Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions 2011

First, an update of my New Years resolution from last year, read the Bible in a year. I am sorry to say, I did not complete this...but I am still working on it and should be finished by the end of the month. I am not sure I fully understand everything I have read, but I definitely recognize different verses and stories I hear about in church. I am currently involved in a small group doing the Beth Moore Daniel study. I enjoy doing a deeper study of a little section of the Bible at a time, for a deeper understanding. I also found some other things, like famous verses or other verses that are meaningful and can be applied to today's world. So even though I don't think I fully understand everything I read, I do believe I have more knowledge than before I began reading the Bible.

This year's resolutions, are to stick to our budget. We took Dave Ramey's Financial Peace University this past October. It is a 13 week class on how to get out of debt and have financial peace. It is a great class with some great ideas. It definitely got me motivated to pay off our college debt. It is extremely hard to not get down when you have been stuck in your ways so long. For example, it is hard for me to put extra money to our college loans, when I am used to saving that money. But we are going to try and stick to our budget, and get our monthly funds going, so we will feel more financially secure. It is a trial and error budget, and it takes a lot of time. I work on our budget daily, but I hope to get to a point where this will not be necessary. If you want to learn more about this class, check out his website or do a Google search. It is basic budgeting principles, that if you apply them, you will "live like no one else." This is also a religious based class.

Finally, my last resolution for this year is....diet! I have tried to work out and lose weight, and I never can find time and I'm not really willing to give up time with my daughter in order to work out. So I am going to try and do something else - eating better with PORTION CONTROL! I really think I can do this, and maybe drop a couple of pounds. But I think I over eat a lot and if I just eat maybe 2 pieces of pizza instead of 4, it might make a difference. This I think I could handle over the course of a year. I just don't want to be one of those people who work out for 1 week and then give up. I just need a realistic goal, and that is my goal for this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...