Friday, April 22, 2011

Garage Sales

So, at city wide rummages I pretty much bought Macyn an entire summer wardrobe:
This is quite impressive considering I didn't find anything at all the first two days (except a Detroit Redwings sign for DH's Man Cave). I ended up buying 9 outfits, 3 dresses, 5 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of capris, 4 shirts, pajamas, and a jacket. I am really hoping this lasts her all summer! Other things I found was a bike helmet for $2 and some water shoes for 50 cents.
I also found a storage bin thingy for $3 that is used to store some of her toys in the living room instead of allowing her unsupervised in her room all the time.
Board books are always a good investment as well. An even better investment considering we currently have all her books memorized.
Other great finds were a Coleman king sized airbed for $10, 8 tupperware drinking cups for 50 cents total, and 2 sippy cups for 15 cents. Rummaging takes a lot of time, but it is definitely worth it in the end. It saves money and I don't have to always travel 60 mins to the nearest city to buy her clothes. Most kid clothes are barely worn, so its even a better deal. So in a nutshell, Spring rummages = success!
Auntie Brooke came along too where she found this awesome remote controlled Hummer. She also bought Macyn this Halloween costume:
Poor Macyn, hopefully you will be happier at Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...