Saturday, February 18, 2012

Disney on Ice

Since Disney on Ice was nearby, and Macyn is obsessed with Mikey and Minnie, we decided to purchase some tickets and have some fun! I bought the tickets about three weeks ago. There were 5 different price points for tickets, and I went with the second-to-cheapest tickets. We were on the 3rd row on the floor. I was amazed at how good of seats they were!

Anyways, Macyn woke up this morning and remembered we were going to "Mickey and Minnie on Ice." She picked out her dress at about 8:00 and said, "I'm pretty, Mommy!" She even put her boots on the right feet and she was ready to go.

We arrived at the events center about 1/2 hour before showtime. This gave us enough time to walk around and check out all the overly priced souvenirs. We did buy her a little Minnie Mouse for $12 - one of the most reasonable priced items, considering a snow cone in a souvenir cup was $15. Prices went up from there, so I thought the $12 wasn't so bad!

I was a little worried about how this would go since we haven't ever sat through an event this long and I was worried how many times she would have to go to the bathroom. She only had to go two times so I can't complain. A funny part of the night was when we sat down and she got to take her Minnie Mouse we bought out of the package. She instantly noticed Minnie was wearing bloomers under her dress and she exclaimed, "Minnie has underwear!" ;)

The show started with Mickey and Minnie coming out first, along with some monkeys. They scared Macyn a little bit, but she rebounded pretty quickly and before you knew it she was dancing, clapping, and laughing. She absolutely loved it! My favorites parts were the Little Mermaid and the Lion King. Here are some pictures from the event:







After the show we ate a quick supper, did a little shopping and came home. Macyn was completely spent and went to bed at 8:15. It was such fun time - so glad she sat through the entire show with no crying!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...