First off, I forgot to take a 20 week bump picture....so I guess we will just skip that this time.
We had another big ultrasound yesterday as they did echoes on both babies' hearts. Here are some updates as what we found out:
• Baby A is weighing in at 13 oz, heart rate at 147 BPM, and she is now in breech position. 2 weeks ago she was head down. Crazy how she turned completely around!
• Baby B is weighing in at 15 oz, heart rate of 139 BPM, and she is still breech.
• Babies are both measuring about a week ahead - about 21 weeks based on all their measurements
• Babies are confirmed once again, that they are girls!
• Baby A is the "ornery" one. She didn't like to stay in one spot while they were doing the echoes. Baby B laid there ever so nicely!
• Our doctor came in and said he looked at all the pictures and that the reason they do all these extra things is because these babies are at high risk of birth defects. He stated that after looking at all images of the heart, and other parts, he sees no indications of abnormalities/deformities! We were so relieved to hear this - its hard to be told that these babies are "high risk" and worry that everything will be okay. This put us a little more at peace and a little more calm.
• The babies will now be delivered for sure by 37 weeks now instead of 36. In fact, I could have penciled in my c-section, but we chose to hold off for a little bit.
• I asked about Twin To Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS), because they look for this every two weeks. He said the most severe cases happen before 20 weeks, but it can begin any time between 20 - 30 weeks. So the good news is, I am out of the "severe cases" stage. He said it can really start anytime and has had patients where the babies were growing normally and within two weeks one quit growing as fast. So this is the reason for two week ultrasounds.
• The babies each grew 4 oz in the past two weeks, so I have almost 2lbs of babies already!
• The babies are both facing towards my back. We got a really cute picture of the back of their heads together:
I have noticed a lot of questions we get asked pretty often, so here are a couple of FAQ's:
• How are you feeling?
I tell most people I feel well, just so I don't have to explain how I'm really feeling. In reality, I have quite a bit of lower back pain and lots of aches. I have been to the chiropracter at least 3 times in the past month and I ice daily. It doesn't really hurt sitting in a chair or anything, but it hurts if I lounge around a lot. I can't complain, though. And yes, I am sure it will get worse the farther I go. I get really bad heartburn, but I have noticed if I eat a yogurt before bed, this seems to curb it a little bit, and keeps me full for the most part through the night.
• Do you feel the babies move?
Yes! I wasn't quite sure the past couple of weeks, but its obvious now. DH even felt one move/kick/punch last week Friday. I feel movement mostly up high, about rib level. Once in a while I will feel one down low, and I mostly feel movements in the middle - right side.
• Are you going to dress them the same?
Well, since they are identical I don't think so - we need to have some way to tell them apart! We have thrown around the idea of sharpie marker on their heads (DH's idea) or keep one baby in pink and one in purple, etc. We aren't quite sure how to approach this one!

No comments:
Post a Comment