Tuesday, March 5, 2013

26 Week Appointment

We drove to our appointment in a blizzard, and drove home in a ground blizzard. Its kinda funny how we have been going to appointments ever since January and today was the first time we ever had bad weather! Everything at our 26 week appointment continued to look good. I was quite shocked when I stepped on the scale to found out I had gained 4 lbs in two weeks! However, each baby gained about a pound, so I didn't feel so bad then!

Baby A: Head down position, she weighs 2lbs 7oz, with a heart rate of 146 bpm.
Baby B: Head down position, she also weighs 2lbs 7oz, and her heart rate was also 146 bpm.

Other information:
• TTTS is getting more lower risk every appointment, but we will still need to check growth every two weeks
• I have noticed a decrease in movement, mostly more "rolls" than kicks. They didn't notice anything concerning, and I was pretty much told by having an anterior placenta could just make movements less noticable until 28 weeks.
• The fluid looked good around both babies. They did have to poke Baby A to start moving since she just looked pretty cozy in there. They were able to see some good movements, even though I couldn't feel them.
• Sleeping is still a challenge. I go to the bathroom more now, and I get exhausted pretty easily. By the end of the week on Fridays I am pretty much pooped out. Weekends I really try and catch up on some napping and sleep

AND we "splurged" on a baby purchase - matching carseat covers! I bought them from Carseat Canopy and purchased the "whole caboodle" in the Belle pattern. They arrived in the mail and I am quite happy with them. Its a good way to update or change a carseat without buying a brand new one. Each caboodle included a carseat cover, canopy, sun shade, lap blanket, and headrest. The price is listed on the website as $79.95, but if you look hard enough you can find a $50 off coupon. With shipping each caboodle only comes out to $42! Or you could get the canopy free and just pay the $12 shipping. We put them on our carseats and Macyn added her babies too :) I thought this was a good way to update an old looking carseat at an affordable price.
We also broke down and bought about 200+ newborn diapers. I did some research and keep a price per diaper document on my phone so when I am out shopping, I am making sure I am finding the best deals. We still have some things to buy, but buying things here and there make it seem like we don't need as much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...