Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kamryn & Laityn: 3 Months


Its so hard to believe the girls are three months old already! They really developed a lot this past month and they are getting to the "fun" age...they don't quite seem like newborns anymore.

Kamryn
We know Kamryn's height and weight since she had her Echo yesterday - 10lbs 4oz and 22.25" long (about 5th percentile). They have their 3 month checkup on Friday so we will know the final weigh in's then. They also get their shots. They couldn't get them earlier like normal babies because they were too small and their immune systems weren't where they should be.
Laityn
Other happenings:

• 9 weeks of age the girls surprised us all and both can roll from their tummies to their backs!
• 11 weeks they began smiling. If you can't tell by the picture, they have mastered this :)
• The past couple of days they are starting to coo/laugh/and talk
• They drink 3-4 oz at a time, every 3-4 hours. Unfortunately, I am no longer pumping, but they seem to be adapting to the formula diet
• They are awake more and more and will often be content just laying on the floor and kicking for a 1/2 hour or so
• Kamryn is the good napper, Laityn is the cat napper
• Sleeping is getting better (knock on wood) They are getting up 1-2 times per night each. Sometimes three, but the other night they slept from 9:00-5:00!! Other nights they get up all.the.time. The two times per night is pretty dang nice, though. Remember, 2 times a night = 4 feedings!!
• The girls came down with their first cold a week ago. I brought them in right away since their respiratory/immune systems aren't developed. Everything was okay, so I was thankful for that. They even checked their oxygen levels and both were 100%
Its hard to believe, but in 1.5 weeks I will be going to work after a 15 week maternity leave. I'm not going to lie, its going to be tough to leave these two. Hopefully I can adjust quickly, and won't miss out on too much of them :/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...