I decided to be brave and take Macyn grocery shopping with me since DH had to work. I thought I would try out the kid carts with the car attached, hoping it reminded her of her Cozy Coupe. Well, put it this way - with a Rice Krispie bar in one hand and a sippy cup of juice in the other, this makes for a happy toddler. She also thought she had to say, "hi" to everyone we walked passed which made for a lot of stopping for people to talk back to her and make comments like "at least she isn't texting and driving!"The car was a great solution for a usually fussy toddler - until it came time to check out. I took her out of the car and she threw a fit. So I put her back in while the cashier rang our groceries. It was at that point where she tried climbing out of the car and was wedged between the register & the cart. I had to do some rescuing and once I got her un-wedged, she threw another fit because she wanted back in the car! During our shopping trip she took off her shoes as well. So I quickly paid and took a flailing child out to the car, strapped her in, put on her shoes, and drove to Hy-Vee. She screamed the entire way. So part of the problem was solved, only to lead to another problem - trying to get her out of the car without a fight. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment