Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2 Year Check up

Today we had Macyn's 2 year check up and she is a (mostly) healthy little girl! She tipped the scales at 28 lbs which is in the 75th percentile. She used to be right about the 50th, so the doctor was happy with her weight gain. Her height was 36" tall which keeps her in the 95th percentile! If the old wive's tale is true, that if you double their height when they are 2, that means she would be 6' tall! If that's the case, lets hope she is coordinated and can go D1 volleyballin'.

In other news, she will be getting tubes put into her ears again on Friday. Not looking forward to this (or my pocketbook) because its an actual surgery where they put them under anesthesia, have a recovery room, etc. I was surprised to find out she had a slight ear infection in the ear without the tube, so we have some antibiotics for that to hold her over until Friday. Since she still has the tube in her other ear, they will be removing that one and patching the ear drum. They will then put a new tube in.

I think if she wasn't at an age where hearing is so important to development, I would try and wait it out. But the fact that she pretty much hasn't been able to hear anything out of her left ear for 3 months now (filled with fluid, & not draining) we thought tubes would be the best option for her at this time. So thats the plan - I really hope she won't need them again.

Oh, and today when I picked her up from daycare she has a pretty big shiner - got hit by a swing again. Poor kid! Despite all these issues that arise, I realize these are minor compared to what others deal with, and I truly feel blessed for that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...