Saturday, October 15, 2011

Minnie Mouse Cupcakes

Cake pans with cut off tops
For Macyn's party,  I made simple cupcakes - boxed cake mix and canned frosting. I did buy the pink fun-fetti frosting and added a little bit of pink food coloring to make it more saturated. I also put white pearl sprinkles on the pink cupcakes, and pink pears on the white cupcakes. I stuck 2 mini oreos in each cupcake to make it look like Minnie ears. I also created the giant cupcake with a pan I borrowed from work. It looks nice, but it was big mess! I filled both pans up to the top and they proceeded to overflow in the oven. I would scoop out extra batter ever 10 minutes or so. After they were completely cooked, I cut off the tops, so they would be flat when I put the giant cupcake together. Sooo happy it turned out (and that the cakes didn't stick!) Here is how everything turned out!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Love it! That giant cupcake really 'takes the cake'! Very cute, Brittany.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...