Saturday, January 28, 2012

Band-Aids

I have a feeling that when Macyn gets older, she is going to love shopping. Every time we go to a store and leave, she always says, "more stuff!" She looooves going out, so today we hit up Wal Mart to look for some snow pants. She was still wearing her 18 month ones from last year, and when she sat down, there was skin showing between the pants and her boots. Yep, time for new ones! We literally found one pair - size 2T (she wears size 3T). We decided to buy them since anything would be better than 18 month ones. They do fit, but I'm pretty sure they won't next year.

After we found the snow pants, we had to look for Mederma. It is a scar cream to put on Macyn's neck, 6 weeks after surgery. We will use it to massage the area and to break up any scar tissue. Next to the Mederma was a whole display of band aids....and Macyn saw the princess ones. When they are age 2 and they can break out into fit formation at anytime, I am willing to pay the $2 to prevent that from happening.

So we get home and she pretty much forgot about her band aids. As soon as she woke up, she wanted one. She had a princess Jasmine one on her hand and she gave me a Cinderella one. We told her, "no more band aids, you don't have any owies." Now, I remember when I was a kid my parents told me the same thing. I would then find a scrape I already had, and pick at it to make it bleed, just so I could have a band aid. Now, I know Macyn doesn't know how to do that yet, so I just kept on telling her that she doesn't have any owies.

Guess what she does? She punches the table, runs to me and pretends to cry, asking for a band aid. What a stinker! I told her she wasn't bleeding, so she proceeds to punch the table again, the fridge, and wall. DH and I were laughing so hard at her motivation to get an owie, that every time she did it, she would half cry/ half laugh.

What a kid, what a kid. I think I am going to have my hands full when she's older!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...