First, a side note: We do NOT like the Yankees...go Twins!!
Okay, now that is cleared up, Macyn is standing next her her potty chart. After she was out of diapers this past week of daycare, I thought, why not try potty training this weekend? I already had a few pairs of training underwear, so we went to Walmart and bought real underwear for Macyn. That was on Thursday night, and she was adamant about wearing her Minnie Mouse ones.
So I hopped on the computer and made her potty chart for her. She gets a sticker every time she goes on the potty, and two stickers if she goes poo. We let her hang up her chart wherever she wanted and she chose right above her bed.
We let her wear them for 1/2 hour, and she went potty 2 times. That is how her "sticker collection" started. Friday morning she woke up saying, "underwear! underwear!" We put them on her and that didn't go so well. Two accidents in 1 hour. We weren't too upset since we weren't planning on starting until Saturday anyways.
Saturday morning we woke up and immediately put on her training underwear. They are kind of like cloth diapers, but only in underwear form. She had 3 accidents in the morning, and had none from 10:00 am to 7:30 pm! She was even starting to say, "go potty!" and we would run to the bathroom. Sometimes she can't hold it and dribbles a little in her underwear. She even succeeded in going poo in the potty as well! Before bed we had some bigger accidents - saying, "I peed in my underwear mommy!" and she left a little treasure in there as well...if you know what I mean.
So today we thought we would try again - wearing underwear. Guess what? NO ACCIDENTS! I seriously cannot believe it! Even in church today we put a pull up on her and she told me two times during the service that she had to go potty. We came home and put her underwear back on - her pull up was completely dry. Nap time rolled around later and she kept her pull up dry again! (we only let her wear pull ups while napping, and we use a diaper at night).
I am proud of Macyn for doing this so easily...so far. Knock on wood! She loves putting stickers on her collection, but we have to work on not saying, "Go potty! Hurry!" and then sitting down and saying, "I tooted on the potty - all done!" I had no idea until now how much the kid toots since we have to sit down for every single one ;)
I am really hoping tomorrow at daycare she keeps up the routine of going on the potty...and really hoping she doesn't regress. She seems super proud of herself - so hopefully she continues this and we can be diaper free!

1 comment:
Great job, Macyn! Ryan did okay for his first week, but still a few accidents here and there! Here's to getting rid of expensive diapers, though!!
Post a Comment