Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tantrums

Don't let this sweet little face fool ya - this kid can have quite the (ridiculous) tantrums. Here is just a sampling of tantrums our two year old has had in the past few days. Yes, few days.

• Macyn wanted to watch a movie which is fine. However, she wanted to watch Cinderella....a movie we don't even have. She was adamant  that we were watching it. We tried to tell her we didn't have it and we would have to get it from the library. She responded, "Lets go to library." I told her it was closed....which turned into another new tantrum. Since then she has asked to watch Cinderella 2 more times..which usually turned into the same tantrum.

• After daycare one day, Macyn wanted to eat a Mr. Freeze. I gave her one and she immediately got really mad and said, "NOOO...the freeze juice." Try explaining to a two year old they have to eat the solid part in order to get to the juice..

• One morning Macyn wanted a purple pop tart. So I gave her a purple pop tart and she immediately said, "No like that one - a blue one!" I explained all we had are purple ones and she responded by screaming, "no yucky purple ones!" I then gave her the box to just keep her occupied and I found her sitting on the couch, eating the exact same purple pop tart I gave her the first time.

• The same morning as the pop tart incident, I was putting together some soup in the slow cooker. She was really mad when I wouldn't give her a bowl of soup for breakfast.

• It recently snowed here, and when we put on her boots to go to daycare, she flipped out because she didn't want to wear her boots OR shoes. She wanted to wear....flip flops. Here's the kicker - we don't even have flip flops for her.

• And imagine tonight before we went out - threw the same tantrum about wearing flip flops, which resulted in holding her down to put on her shoes AND coat.

Even as these tantrums seem to be a little ridiculous, she really is a sweet little girl. On Friday at daycare she finally went potty (instead of holding it for 9 hours) and she said, "Mommy be so happy!"

Melts . My . Heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...