Tuesday, June 14, 2011

20 Months

Our big girl is 20 months old. It's hard to believe that she is almost two! She is a good eater and in fact, I could only get her to sit still by letting her eat some fruit snacks. She usually eats a pack (or two or three) everyday when she gets home from daycare. It is always a challenge to tie over a hungry child until supper time, but I figured there are worst things she could be eating than fruit snacks.

She also likes to use her silverware and will eat an entire plate of lasagna using her fork. This makes clean up a lot better. She is a pretty neat eater, except when she sometimes dumps her entire cup of milk down her front..but we are working on that! She really enjoys drinking out of her cup from Red Robin with a lid and straw.

She is also saying more words, including sounds for different animals. Kitty: "eow," Puppy: "oof oof," Cow: "moooo," Chicken: "bawk, bawk." She also says kitty  (kee-ee), squirrel (curl) Binky (mimi), goat (goat), Buddy (bah-ee) and Baby (baay bee). Along with mama, dada, papa (grandpa), and I'm sure others I am forgetting. It would be helpful if she could say more things, but I am happy with her vocabulary thus far. She jabbers and often sounds like she is talking a foreign language. She also likes to say hello (way-oh) when someone is talking on the phone. The she finishes with a "Bye bye!" If she wants something, she always says, "no mine!" Then if I tell her to something, she sometimes says, "why?" She definitely has a personality on her.

She really enjoys playing outside (notice how tan she is!) We often bike to the park and let her climb up and down all the equipment. We usually have to coax her back home otherwise she shows us her diva-like attitude. We get a laugh out of her and how dramatic she is. She has been hitting quite a bit and goes in timeout fairly often. She knows what she is doing, because she has started testing us already.

She isn't potty trained and no where near it, but she still continues to go usually before her bath, sometimes when she wakes up, and sometimes at night. She will grab a diaper and wipes and bring them to you if she wants to be changed. So I think she knows what she does, its just hard to communicate when the vocabulary isn't there yet.

Even though she can be dramatic and a handful, we love Macyn to pieces! We spend a lot of time together and I look forward to seeing her every night after work. Did I mention she is ticklish? Our nights are sometimes spent chasing her and tickling her until she laughs so hard its the silent laugh. Nothing is better than little kid laughs. We love her so much and she brings us much joy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...