During our town's Summer Celebration Days, we decided instead of avoiding the crowds, we would actually participate this year. Thursday night we had a free barbeque in the park which consisted of burgers, pork burgers, bacon, chips, drink, and an ice cream bar. Can't beat that meal for free! Since it was in the park, Macyn had the opportunity to play on the jungle gym.
Saturday we hit up the book sale at the Library. They had suggested donations of 10 books for $1. The lady told me I could give whatever I wanted tho. So I picked up 6 books for a donation of $3. I just felt so bad paying only $1 for all of them! The books I got for Macyn aren't really that good of quality, but I picked up a Disney book with Mickey Mouse from 1975 and she LOVES that book. She will not put it down! She also picked one off the shelf called Smell Your Way Through History. It is a book that has scratch and sniff parts where you literally can smell your way through history. Like sweat, and rotten fish. Not my choice, but if it keeps my toddler happy, I will go with it. It was so cute when she found her Disney book. She plopped right down on the sidewalk and started looking at it :)
After that, we hit up the petting zoo with Aunt Brooke. Here is how it went:
![]() |
| Didn't mind the chicken too much! I even taught her what sound the chicken makes. Ask her, and she goes "Bawk, Bawk, Bawk!" |
![]() |
| ...then she has the "ew, I am NOT touching THAT, Mom!" face going on. |
![]() |
| Pretty excited about the baby cow. She even petted this one. |
![]() |
| Despite being able to say, "goat," she is scared of them. |
![]() |
| She enjoyed the super soft bunnies. Auntie enjoyed them too. |
| After the zoo, we were going to go to the parade, but decided not to since it was hot and Brooke was leaving soon. Instead, we hit up the $2 Butterburger & Fries deal at Culver's. Can't beat a great deal! I am glad I went to all the activities. I am sure we will attend next year as well. |





No comments:
Post a Comment