Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall Fun

Since the weather has been super nice with the little cool in the air, I thought it would be a perfect time to take down my spring/summer decor and replace it with fall decorations. First up, the book case.I added some leaf garland, red bead garland (you can buy after Christmas, and use for Valentine's Day as well), some fake pumpkins and tea lights. The black pail came from my former boss from some Halloween trivia in our office. The flowers in the pail are from my spring/summer collection, but look good together for fall. The white pillar candles are from our wedding, and the framed leaf on the left hand side I made in literally 2 minutes....When I took the garland out of storage, some of these leaves had fallen off, and I thought I would get all creative and frame them instead of throwing them away. Last year on Black Friday, I picked up the 13 frames for $13 packs, and used those for my super fast project. Literally, all I did was put the loose leaves in a frame....that's it! I put them on the end table in our living room as well:The bowl is the one we got on our honeymoon in Colorado. It is carved out of a tree stump that I filled with some fake pumpkins. The leaf it is sitting on is a place mat. I decided to continue this theme to the dining room centerpiece.Once again, the centerpiece is on two leaf place mats. We got the candle holder in our past trip to Colorado. We found it at a little shop in Estes Park, and the person who made these finds dried up Aspen trees and cuts out a space for the candle. All the markings are from moose (or some animal) that would rub its horns against it. It is a pretty light weight wood, but has tons of character! We love buying things that you cannot find around here in good ol' Iowa.

So I think these decorations should last me until Thanksgiving, that is, until I get into the Christmas spirit.....which often happens before turkey day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...