Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

I was a very spoiled girl this year for Mother's day. And I'm not complaining :)  Here is a rundown of the stuff I got.
I received flowers from my niece, who insisted on "getting auntie Brittany something too!"
From DH I received a basting brush (so I don't have to use the 2' one for the grill) and a purple cell phone cover.
 In the bottom of the bag I was opening there was this picture that Josh photoshopped all by himself!
This is a picture of our house with some photoshopped flower beds. I was quite proud of his graphic design capabilities. And he even used a Mac and used actual Photoshop which is even more impressive. We picked out some flowers to plant while we were in Sioux Falls and this was a creative way to tell me about it. He also got me a funny card! But wait, there's MORE! Drumroll please......
My NEW iMac! No more 12 year old G4! No more 17" square screen! No more taking 30 minutes to edit 1 picture! No more resorting to our PC laptop! These models came out last week and I absolutely LOVE it. I already have color corrected all my recent photos in Photoshop using actions and the batch features. For those who don't know, actions are essentially like a Macro, but you write them yourself. Once you write it the way you like, you can run a "batch" feature that applies to all your photos. I literally color corrected all my photos with this method within 3-5 minutes. Its amazing. I would have never tried that with my old mac. I am finally going to make a photo book of Macyn's first year - something I wouldn't have done otherwise. This computer is blazing fast too. It puts my work one to shame and my work iMac is only 3 years old!

I am super happy with everything I received. Of course, that isn't what Mother's Day is about - it's about being a Mom and loving it! I love Macyn soooo much and so blessed to have her! This was a great Mother's Day weekend - a great time spent with people who mean the most to you - family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...