That's What Faith Can Do
He sees each tear that falls, and He hears me when I call.
For those of you who have read my previous post, you know how I found a lump on Macyn's neck. Today was the day. Antiobotics did nothing for Macyn's lump and its still the same size. What will the doctor tell me today? Did the Lord hear my prayers? Prayers for comfort, prayers for answers, prayers to have any diagnosis that wouldn't take my daughter away from me? I prayed. Hard. I cried myself to sleep with worry. You wouldn't imagine how I felt today when I got the news,
"Your child does not have lymphoma."
Seriously? How can she not after having every single symptom of it. Who does biopsies of a large, 2cm, hard, non-movable, lump in the neck without it being cancer? Praise the Lord for that. My sister, who works at a cancer clinic, was even surprised. It just doesn't have a good outcome most the time. To be honest, I came to the appointment looking for answers. When the biopsy was scheduled, I was fully prepared for the worst news, except it never came. Not only did prayers get answered, everything was in place, for the quickest diagnosis I have ever seen. I have too much faith to believe this was a coincidence. Someone was watching over us today - and was answering our prayers.
During the follow up appointment of the lump, the doctor wanted a second opinion of a an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist. And guess what?
He was at the hospital today doing surgeries.
She interrupted him during a surgery and asked for a consultation. Guess what? He left mid surgery to look at my 2 year old kid. My kid. This was the first "red flag" I had when a specialist leaves a surgery. Very quickly a biopsy of the lump was ordered, but it would be somewhat invasive, and wasn't sure if Macyn would have be put under anesthesia to get a good sample. Guess what?
The anesthetist was at the hospital today as well.
They wanted the biopsy read immediately so we could decide what treatments to give. Treatments? Another red flag. Guess what?
The Pathologist was at the hospital today.
These are rare occurrences for a small town hospital. The next thing I knew, they were calling all over to see if they had the right equipment to even do a biopsy of her lump. And guess what?
All the right equipment was at the hospital, too.
Before I knew it, I walked from the clinic over to the hospital, where they decided to try and do the biopsy without putting her under anesthesia...can you imagine trying to stick a needle in a 2 year old's neck and making sure they sit still? They also checked her white count earlier, and she didn't even cry when they took her blood. So here we go - ready for this needle. The put one in first, that numbs the area. She didn't even flinch.
Then they went in with another needle and took a biopsy, put it on a slide, and rushed it to the pathologist. They came back with the news -
"Your child does not have lymphoma." What? A specialist consulted my child during a surgery, ordered an immediate biopsy to get read TODAY to figure out the next treatment step. I was so scared, when it was obviously such an urgent situation. I was so relieved to hear the news, that most of the day turned into a blur.
After the good news, they did another biopsy - this time a larger one. They will be sending this to a larger hospital to get a closer look, along with her elevated white blood cells to try and figure out a diagnosis. I should have the results next week, and we will go from there. It sounds like treatments would be a fairly long course of antibiotics and/or removal.
We aren't completely out of the woods yet. They think she has a rare bacteria, but we will know more when the results get back. I held it together most of the day, until I cried all the way home, crying out thanks, to the Lord, for his awesome answer to prayer. I cried that I no longer have to cry at night, wondering if I am slowly watching my child die from cancer. I cried for all the emotions that I have been trying to hold in this week. I cried that even when the odds are against us, God had no odds - only a plan for our lives. The looks on the doctor's faces today looked grim and scared. I didn't know what to do except stay strong for Macyn. So as soon as I got out of the hospital, I cried. And I'm crying now. There is nothing that can express my gratitude, relief, and amazement that God would answer my prayers, even though I feel so unworthy.
So here is my shout out to God, Thank You. So much. Words cannot express my gratitude. Because of you, my faith is growing stronger. You rock, God. You are always there. You catch me when I fall. You hold us in the palm of your hand. You are in control.
Now prayers for healing, prayers to find out what is causing this lump. Prayers that treatment would be easy. Praying for more answers. And prayers of thanks. And thanks to everyone who has prayed for us.
I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
that's what faith can do..
1 comment:
I am so happy to hear this, Brittany. I was thinking about you on Friday. What a brave girl, Macyn is, to not cry with all those needles and pokes. And what a brave mommy you are. I hope you never have to go through such a scary event again.
Post a Comment