I made both ladybugs, my sister wrote the words & swirls, and I did the borders. It was super time consuming but way cheaper than ordering a cake. All I can say is, I have a lot more respect for people who can decorate cake! I was proud that I could pipe a line around the bottom of the cake! ha! The main cake was marble, the ladybug was chocolate, and her smash cake was white cake - something for everyone. And we still have leftovers, can't go wrong with cake leftovers :)
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Ladybugs!
No, I am not talking about Ladybugs Movie which features Rodney Dangerfield and a boy who dresses up like a girl to join the Ladybugs soccer team, but I AM talking about Macyn's birthday cake. I spent 2 nights baking the various cakes, shapes, and re-baking them once I realized I forgot to turn on the oven. Hey, this is what happens when its 11:45 and you can barely stay awake. The baking itself was pretty easy, but the decorating was a lot harder than I thought it would be. This is no where near perfect, but not too bad for a first time ever decorating a cake with something else besides sprinkles.
I made both ladybugs, my sister wrote the words & swirls, and I did the borders. It was super time consuming but way cheaper than ordering a cake. All I can say is, I have a lot more respect for people who can decorate cake! I was proud that I could pipe a line around the bottom of the cake! ha! The main cake was marble, the ladybug was chocolate, and her smash cake was white cake - something for everyone. And we still have leftovers, can't go wrong with cake leftovers :)
I made both ladybugs, my sister wrote the words & swirls, and I did the borders. It was super time consuming but way cheaper than ordering a cake. All I can say is, I have a lot more respect for people who can decorate cake! I was proud that I could pipe a line around the bottom of the cake! ha! The main cake was marble, the ladybug was chocolate, and her smash cake was white cake - something for everyone. And we still have leftovers, can't go wrong with cake leftovers :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment